Risk management in health care organizations
This is an assignment that discusses the Organizational Risk Management in health care organizations. The paper also involves conducting an interview with employees in a health care organization.
Organizational Risk Management in health care organizations
The purpose of this assignment is to gain real-world insight into how risk management programs operate within health care organizations. Select a local health care organization where you can conduct an interview with an employee who is involved in risk management processes. This organization can be your current employer or a different health care facility in your community. Acute care, urgent care, large multi?provider private medical clinics, assisted living facilities, and community/public health clinical facilities are all ideal options to complete the requirements of this assignment.
Select an individual who can provide sufficient information regarding how their organization manages risk within its facility to answer the questions below. In your interview, address the following:
1. Firstly, risk management strategies used in the organization’s risk control program, along with specific examples. Use infection control in the operating room.
2. Secondly, how the facility’s educational risk management program addresses key professional, legal, and ethical issues, such as prevention of negligence, malpractice litigation, and vicarious liability.
3. Thirdly, indicate the policies the facility has implemented that address how to manage emergency triage in high?risk areas of health care service delivery.
4. Then, describe challenges the organization faces in managing and controlling high-risk health care.
5. Lastly, strategies the facility utilizes to monitor, evaluate, and maintain compliance within its risk management program. Also, after conducting the interview, compose a word summary analysis of the interview that includes the questions above, in conjunction with the interviewee’s responses.
Additionally, include the following elements in your response: 1. An assessment of the organization’s risk management program, including how it attends to high-risk health care and legal concerns. 2. Action steps you would take to improve one area of the organization’s risk management program, along with your rationale for doing so. Cite appropriate references as needed to support your statements and rationale.