Cost Savings Analysis
As the senior care coordinator in your organization, your manager has asked you to examine and report on how care coordination can generate cost savings, improve outcomes, enhance the collection of evidence-based data, and improve health care quality for the community. She would like you to compile cost savings data in a well-organized spreadsheet and present your key findings in an executive summary.
Determine how care coordination can reduce costs. Compile your cost savings data in a spreadsheet, using Microsoft Excel or a suitable application of your choice. (If you elect to use an application other than Excel, check with faculty to avoid potential file compatibility issues.) Your spreadsheet should contain at least four cost-saving elements. Identify the cost-saving element, current costs, and anticipated savings.
Then create an executive summary using the APA Style Paper Template [DOCX]. Discuss your cost-saving elements and report key findings from your analysis.
Analyzing Cost Savings
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your analysis addresses each point, at a minimum. You may also want to read the Cost Savings Analysis Scoring Guide to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
- Describe ways in which care coordination can generate cost savings.
- What are your primary evidence-based sources of information?
- Are your conclusions substantiated by the data?
- What assumptions, if any, underlie your analysis?
- Explain how care coordination can promote improved health consumerism and effect positive health outcomes.
- What evidence do you have to substantiate your claims?
- Describe at least five ways in which care coordination efforts can enhance the collection of evidence-based data and improve quality through the application of an emerging health care model.
- Choose any emerging health care model.
- Present cost savings data and information clearly and accurately.
- Support main points, claims, and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
Executive Summary Format and Length
Format your executive summary using APA style:
- Use the APA Style Paper Template [DOCX] Be sure to include:
- A title page and references page. An abstract is not required.
- A running head on all pages.
- Appropriate section headings.
- See also the APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX]to help you in writing and formatting your executive summary.
- Your summary should be 4–5 pages in length, not includingthe title page and references page.
- Cite 4–5 sources of relevant and credible scholarly or professional evidence to support your cost savings analysis.
- Apply APA formatting to all in-text citations and references.
Submit both your spreadsheet and your executive summary.