Will upload instructions
FONT – TIMES NEW ROMANS
DOUBLE LINE SPACING
ADD – in-text citation
PLEASE USE FOLLOWING REFERENCES ONLY
Responding to active shooters in hospitals. (2012). SecurityInfoWatch.Com, Retrieved from
National Human Trafficking Resource Center. (n.d.). Recognizing and responding to human
trafficking in a healthcare context.
Security InfoWatch. (2013). Responding to active shooters in hospitals.
• Hospital Employee Health. (2013). Most hospital shootings are not preventable.
• The Joint Commission. (2014, July). Preparing for active shooter situations. Quick Safety.
• American Nurse Association. (2016, February). Not just “eating our young”: Workplace bullying
strikes experienced nurses, too. American Nurse Today, 11(2).
• Thompson, R. (n.d.). Strategies for eliminating nurse-to-nurse bullying. Healthy Work
Teaching Violence in the Workplace
Create a teaching PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following
points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear
headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your
presentation. Support your content with at least three (3) sources using APA citations throughout
your presentation. Make sure to cite the sources using the APA writing style for the presentation.
Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations
related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the
rubric criteria for this assignment.
This week you are to create a PowerPoint as if you are teaching this information to your colleagues.
Guns in the Workplace: prepare for an active shooter (what is the protocol and preparations your
workplace has taken – if none have been developed describe what should be taken). What is the
responsibility as a nurse caring for patients in an active shooter scenario?
Bullying in Nursing: Bullying in the nursing workforce has become an increasing topic of concern.
Research this topic and describe reasons why bullying is a problem in nursing. Provide
suggestions for a new nurse who is being bullied by coworkers. What is your responsibility if you
see a fellow nurse being bullied?
· Title Slide (1 slide)
· Objective Slide (1 slide)
· Preparing for an active shooter (2-3 slides)
· Responsibility for patients in an active shooter scenario? (1-2 slides).
· Why bullying is a problem in nursing (2-3 slides)
· Suggestions for a new nurse being bullied (2-3 slides)
· Your responsibility (1-2 slides)
· References (1 slide)
Length: 11-16 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized
to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this