The graduate evaluates high volume, high impact disease processes, including associated pharmacological interventions and implications for advanced practice.
2. Evaluation of Pharmaceutical Impact
The graduate analyzes pharmaceutical impacts, including physiological, psychological, financial, and lifestyle factors on the selected disease processes.
3. Managing Care Transitions
The graduate evaluates salient pharmacological issues in managing patient care transitions.
The graduate distinguishes between general information and relevant assessment findings to manage and minimize pathologies and risk factors to promote optimal patient outcomes.
The graduate integrates relevant patient and population data to develop pathopharmacological management strategies for populations.
As an advanced practice nurse, it is important to diagnose, treat, and evaluate patients who have chronic disease. A nurse must understand how pathology, treatment, regimens, and psycho-social issues affect patients and the care they receive. Disease management is more than just monitoring a medication or treatment; it is evaluating the disease process from the micro to macro level. As a nurse with an advanced degree, you will be expected to assess patients and individual and population responses to chronic illness.
For this assessment, you will investigate pathopharmacological issues related to a specific disease process. You may choose to investigate hypertension. As part of this assessment, you will analyze the various impacts the disease process has on the patients, their families, and populations at a local, national, and international level.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
Professional Communications is a required aspect to pass this task. Completion of a spell check and grammar check prior to submitting your final work is strongly recommended.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
- Investigate the following disease processe: hypertension
- Analyze the pathophysiology of the disease process you selected in part A.
- Discuss the standard of practice for the selected disease process.
- Discuss the evidence-based pharmacological treatments in your state and how they affect management of the selected disease in your community.
- Discuss clinical guidelines for assessment, diagnosis, and patient education for the selected disease process.
- Compare the standard practice for managing the disease within your community with state or national practices.
- Discuss characteristics of and resources for a patient who manages the selected disease well, including access to care, treatment options, life expectancy, and outcomes.
- Analyze disparities between management of the selected disease on a national and international level.
- Discuss three or four factors (e.g., financial resources, access to care, insured/uninsured, Medicare/Medicaid) that contribute to a patient being able to manage the selected disease.
- Explain how a lack of the factors discussed in part A4 leads to an unmanaged disease process.
- Describe characteristics of a patient with the selected disease that is unmanaged.
- Analyze how the selected disease process affects patients, families, and populations in your community.
- Discuss the financial costs associated with the selected disease process for patients, families, and populations from diagnosis to treatment.
- Discuss how you will promote best practices for managing the selected disease in your current healthcare organization.
- Discussthree strategies you could use to implement best practices for managing the selected disease in your current healthcare organization.
- Discuss an appropriate method to evaluate the implementation of each of the strategies from part C1.
- When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.