The instructions for this paper are listed below:
- a) identify and articulate key concepts of your leadership vision
- b) provide empirical, scholarly evidence to support your position
- c) communicate ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner.
APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page.
Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment.
Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction.
Use the suggested format and headings to organize the assignment:
- Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
- Key concepts of vision
- Critique of evidence
- Importance to nursing
- Summary or concluding statements
Preparing the paper
- Clear introduction of the leadership vision in the introduction paragraph.
- Clearly articulate key concepts of your vision.
- Provide a critique of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that supports your vision.
- Provide specific examples of the impact and/or importance of your vision on nursing.
- Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall content.
- The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).
- Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format (6th edition).
- Use 12 Times New Roman Font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.
My vision revolves around the mission statement and vision statement of the hospital I work in. My hospital’s mission statement is “to provide compassionate patient care.” Their vision statement is “to continue to grow and challenge convention through forward-thinking leadership, and using a collaborative approach to providing exceptional patient care.”
Out of their mission and vision statements, the key concepts of my vision would be:
- Delivering/practicing compassionate and enhanced patient care
- Using a Transformational Leadership approach on my vision and key concepts
- Promoting a positive environment that will encourage teamwork and collaboration among health care workers