Malpractice in Healthcare and Defended Against Malpractice
Annotated Bibliography describing the current state of malpractice in healthcare and how
healthcare professionals respond to and defend against allegations of malpractice.
Specifically, 10 sources dealing with the issues raised by acknowledgment and apology in
• Injured patients often sue because they want an explanation of what happened and an apology
for the injuries.
• Statements by the healthcare professional that could be perceived as admissions can create
legal liability in formal litigation.
• Some state laws, and some methods of alternative dispute resolution, help enable the apology
without the liability.
I am attaching the grading rubric for the annotated bibliography.
All sources must meet the below requirements of the assignment:
• At least 10 scholarly sources other than the Bible are included.
• At least 2 sources related to the student’s area of practice are included.
• At least 2 sources related to biblical worldview are included.
• Each citation includes a brief description of the content of the source.
• Each citation includes an explanation of the source’s relevance to the paper.