On page 178 of your book, the author discusses culture and contraception.
In the TED talk below Melinda Gates discusses birth control access across the globe.
After watching the talk, answer the questions below.
Let’s put birth control back on the agenda. https://www.ted.com/talks/melinda_gates_let_s_put_birth_control_back_on_the_agenda#t-1430834
1. What common themes do you recognize from the book and the video?
2. Does the talk and your book suggest that access to birth control increase promiscuity?
3. How did family sizes change according to the talk? (socioeconomic class or something else??)
4. What do you notice that is left out of the talk and the book in regards to contraception? Put another way, who is usually not responsible for birth control?
5. What can we do to eliminate the disconnect between women being responsible for birth control and men exerting power over women about the use of birth control?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!